|Son of Late Yoruba Linguist & Politician, Chief Ajibola Ige, Architect Muyiwa Ige & blogger, GDA|
We talked about being expedient. Thinking one step up is about thinking expediently. You don’t have time to waste thinking:
· How will this affect my tea breaks?
· Will this mean I can still have my holidays?
· Will I have to work harder? Longer?
· Will I score any kudos from this?
No, instead you will think:
· Is this better for the department?
· Will the company do well out of this?
· Can we bosses sell this to the workforce?
· Are our customers going to be happy with this?
“YOU WILL START TO THINK LIKE A BOSS AND LESS LIKE A WORKER”.
Get the message? See the point? You will start to think like a boss and less like a worker. You will see things from the company’s point of view and not how it affects your own personal petty little desk footprint:
· See the big picture
· See the entire picture
· Picture the picture
· Direct the picture
· Produce the picture
· Stop being an extra
I guess these rules teach you how to be an individual, how to think for yourself, how to stand on your own two feet. But if you could do all that you wouldn’t need these rules. And if you can’t, can these rules teach you? Yes, of course they can. Read on.
(Excerpts from THE RULES OF WORK by Richard Templer Read “How to address Corporate issues & Problems” from The Rules tomorrow on Asabeafrika)
POWERED BY: SCOOBA SECURITY DOOR INC.
Caveat: We are not the Best Door Making Expert but when it comes to Anti-Bullet Security Door technology we have testimonials".
Call our hotline 080-306-25-522 and find out